The Tony Elumelu Foundation
Job Title: Finance Officer
Company Name: The Tony Elumelu Foundation
Department: Marketing and Corporate Communications
The Finance Officer shall be responsible for all the finance and accounting activities of the Foundation, preparation of various management reports and financial statements, budgeting, and grant management.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations including account receivables, account payables, accruals, and general ledgers.
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and legal filings.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures in day-to-day transaction processing.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure prompt preparation of financial statements for the company.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure an efficient and effective audit process.
- Ensure effective cash flow and liquidity management.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Assist with budget preparation for funding proposals to partners.
- Timely disbursement of funds to the entrepreneurs.
- Ensure the funds received are disbursed in accordance with the agreed terms.
- Provide timely reports on the use of funds in line with the rules and regulations of the partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any field.
- Professional qualification such as ICAN or ACCA is an advantage.
- A Master’s degree in finance will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in a not-for-profit organisation is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in a finance-related role.
- Good numerical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stipulated deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Great verbal and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Great team player.
- Ability to multitask.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requisite Experience
- Knowledge of canva and video editing