Job Title: Data Analyst
Company Name: Transcorp Hotels
Reports to: Product Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Demonstrating the significance of the system in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
- Collaborating with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Any other task that may be assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiar with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Strong Data Analytics skill
- knowledge of database languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as Tableau or Qlik
- Mathematical and statistical skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Excellent communications (oral & written) skills
- Excellent business acumen
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking ability
- Excellent customer service and relationship management
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity
- A degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 3-5 years relevant work experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst, with strong knowledge of, and experience with statiscal and reporting packages