Heirs Life Assurance Ltd
Job Title: Head, Legal\Company Secretary
Company Name: Heirs Life Assurance Ltd
Department: Legal Department
The Head, Legal/Company Secretary shall be responsible for ensuring that the Company remains in line with all Legal, corporate governance and regulatory standards. He/she will also provide Legal advice to the Company’s Executive Management Committee, identify and manage Legal risks and opportunities.
- a) Legal
- – Ensure that the Company complies with legislation, regulation and requirements of NAICOM and other relevant regulatory body(ies) whilst interpreting the effet on the Company of any proposed changes to legislation.
- – Provide Legal support in relation to the entering of contacts including engagement letters and business tenders/proposals.
- – Provide Legal support in all aspects of general corporate work, including investments and projects. – Identify, manage and mitigate Legal risks on behalf of the Company.
- – Provide preventative Legal guidance and risk training to the Company. – Assist with the development of the Company’s Legal and risk strategy as and when required.
- – Develop and review contracts, documents and investment proposals from a Legal perspective. – Keep abreast of changes in NAICOM regulations and communicate best practice notes on topical Legal issues for Company’s use.
- – Identify and analyse Legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations and assuring Legal compliance. – Represent the Company in various Legal proceedings as assigned.
- – Provide hands-on Legal counsel to all levels of executive staff and manage operations of the Legal department.
- – Coordinate all Legal and corporate governance standards pertaining to the Company.
- – Act as the custodian of codes of conduct and ethics document and process.
- – Act as custodian of all Company’s certificates, agreements, shares and other relevant documents.
- b) Company Secretary
- – Organise, prepare and circulate agendas & supporting documents timely and as required.
- – Take and circulate Minutes of Executive Management Committees (EMC) meeting.
- – Ensure that annual accounts and annual returns are submitted to applicable regulatory bodies before the submission deadlines.
- – Act as custodian of the group’s statutory books, register and Legal files.
- – Participate in ad-hoc projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Law or any related discipline from a reputable University. Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association is compulsory.